Contentbox ICO Review: A thorough review and investigation about Contentbox ICO, that intends to interrupt the electronic content market.
This reflects the author individual remarks and can not in any way- constitute a recommendation of an investment or economic information. Please assume caution if purchasing cryptocurrencies and also do this at your own personal risk, since it’s exceedingly volatile and also you may lose your dollars.
Contentbox is really a decentralized, adjective blockchain-based infrastructure geared at the electronic content market.
The before all else real application (dApp) that’ll be constructed around Contentbox is definitely an award-winning worldwide podcast stage named CastBox, which includes more than 15 million users and 50 million sound content in 135 states. It’s crucial to delineate that CastBox is the founding associate of Contentbox Foundation (Ltd.), that will oversee the direction and growth of its Contentbox platform. In addition, CastBox will divert out of an established application (now in the play store) to a decentralized program powering the Contentbox ecosystem. Though both Castbox and Contentbox shouldn’t be looked at synonymously, it is safe to assume that the success of Castbox is extrapolated towards Contentbox, after all the success of the latter ensures the continued success of the former.
Contentbox is trying to solve the following issues in the digital content industry:
- Inequitable Profit-Sharing for Content Creators: It is a challenge for content creators to monetize their content online; even if they do, the profit-sharing ratio between content platforms and content creators is inequitable. They lack the bargaining chip to negotiate equitable monetization and payment terms. An average of 15% of sales income goes to the content creator, with the rest shared between the streaming platform (like YouTube, Facebook & Instagram) and other third parties (e.g. record label owners).
- Absence of Economic Incentives for Consumers: Consumers represent the lifeblood of digital content but are never financially rewarded for value-creating activities such as spending time to interact with the content platform and curate high-quality content (through commenting, sharing and liking the content for instance). Their activities enhance visibility towards the content platform and facilitate higher traffic.
The Contentbox platform aims to build a much-needed digital content infrastructure that will facilitate innovation, collaboration and development between all stakeholders in the industry. ContentBox will enable various applications – both web and mobile – share digital content and user bases in a more streamlined and efficient manner, as well as facilitating process payments easily without any intermediaries. The core components of the Contentbox platform are as follows:
- BOX Payout: A custom blockchain native to the Contentbox ecosystem that will enable fast and secure multiparty contingent payments.
- BOX Passport: A blockchain-based identity and attribution service that is interoperable across multiple applications.
- BOX Unpack: The application interface of Contentbox which will be a turn-key solution for small and medium-sized partners to develop next-generation digital content applications.
The various applications of Contentbox’s platform is as follows:
- Decentralized Content Marketplace: Decentralized versions of major applications such as iTunes and Google Play will foster an open, fair, and creator-centric decentralized marketplace that reaps more profits as compared to a centralized one. Such profits include lower costs (due to the absence of third-party intermediation), higher payment liquidity (due to automation of blockchain-based solution and tokenization of incentives) and a higher degree of transparency.
- Crowdfunding Launchpad: Independent content creators can look to raise fund for the production of their content (like films) on the Contentbox platform.
- targeted advertising Platform: Basically a decentralized version of Google’s ‘Adsense’, transactions between content publishers and advertisers would be made public and transparent. Without a central authority, all parties enjoy more flexibility; advertisers pay less in fees, and publishers receive higher remuneration
- Cross-Service On-demand Video Player: Contentbox’s media player will not only allow the traditional functionality of streaming videos, but users will also be granted the functionality to search on a wide range of digital movies registered on ContentBox platform. BOX tokens is collected in real-time while video streaming occurs, and automatically be disbursed to copyright owners, streaming platforms and storage providers according to a pre-defined smart contract.
Here is the Contentbox’s technical architecture:
Contentbox will focus on developing a large system on top of a series of simple, modular, and reliable small components that is easily debugged, upgraded and is developer-friendly. Here is the technical breakdown of each component:
- Box Payout: A custom blockchain native to the Contentbox platform that uses of off-chain smart contracts – called ‘Crypto Contracts’ – rather than a general-purpose Turing-complete virtual machine (similar to that of Ethereum). With Crypto Contracts, simple signatures is aggregated with much higher performance as compared to using complex and resource-intensive smart contracts. A core component of Crypto Contracts is the use of Schnorr Signature, a linear signature aggregation performance to settle off-chain transactions automatically and in the process, saves lots of disk space. In order to allow for scalability, Proof of Network Effect (PoNE) will be adopted as the consensus mechanism for Box Payout. PoNE is a derivation of Proof-of-Stake (POS).
- Box Passport: BOX Passport establishes users’ individuality by extending the pocket notion to store private details like standing alongside token accounts. Alternative party identity services like Keybase and also uPort is likely to soon be potentially incorporated into the individuality service to get wider interoperability.
- Box Unpack: This is going to be an individual interface of Contentbox. Box Unpack will include a plethora of libraries, SDKs, control line and on-line resources for programmers to incorporate block-chain related services readily and coded in favorite computing languages like Java, Go along with Python. The functionalities of Box Unpack leverages on AI-based calculations – Natural Language Processing (NLP) and profound learning calculations to be accurate – that are proprietarily developed at CastBox.
Unique Selling Point
- Spillover Success of an Established Business: The expertise, user-base and success of CastBox might possess a high likelihood of permeating the Contentbox ecosystem, after all, it’s going to soon be the before all else dApp to be constructed about the Contentbox stage and the maturation of this Contentbox infrastructure is going to be led by key employees from CastBox team. That is further augmented by the very fact Castbox will likely become decentralized about the Contentbox platform, hence diluting a centered ‘parallel version’ from the drama store to cannibalize store talk.
- Use of Proprietary Technology: A heart success of CastBox stand from their competitors could be using normal language processing and machine learning methods to power a few of its distinctive functionalities, such as personalized tips and in-audio search. Though this aspect is pertinent to CastBox because of firm, the transition involving the Contentbox ecosystem will probably guarantee the vulnerability of Castbox’s huge user-base towards Contenbox’s platform.
Contentbox’s team is full of employees from CastBox and comes with a mixture of highly experienced folks from entrepreneurial, technical and academic foundations.
Founder & CEO – Renee Wang – maybe your creator of CastBox and holds a remarkable background. She’s definitely an ex-Googler that technical in worldwide program monetization, where she’s focused in vital places of user acquisition, calculating, and publisher participation where she’s contributed to 42 percent of Google’s brand new program revenue. Renee can also be one of the first android engineer in Umeng, also a China-based startup acquired by Alibaba. Chief Crypto Officer – Hu Gang – includes a vibrant mixture of sequential entrepreneurship, system design and is additionally a full-stack engineer who has a lot more than ten years old experience in construction mobile and web software. Chief Technology Officer – Alex He has a rich expertise in mobile application development and research in Xiaomi, Borqs and Motorola and is now among the earliest Android programmer in China.
Contentbox’s block-chain scientist Dr. Xiaohui Liu, that focuses primarily on dispersed media protocols and has been a former Research Scientist on Facebook, designing and executing a distributed protocol for second-generation wireless mesh networks.
Contentbox comes with a fine mixture of advisers using specialties that range from block-chain technology to equity. The most obvious advisor among this checklist is a renowned blockchain invest or Bo Shen, who’s the creator of Fenbushi Capital. Not only can he be a strategic investor, but he’s also a base investor into the undertaking.
1 St dApp on Contentbox: CastBox
The before all else tool to be built on Contentbox’s protocol would be CastBox, that will be among the popular mobile music platforms worldwide. CastBox is actually a podcast stage which allows one to easily find, get, produce and luxuriate in spoken music content at no cost. Here are the crucial accomplishments of Castbox at a glimpse:
CastBox is an extremely powerful application that’s brought over 17 million users so far, using a broad library of over 50 million sound files for users to pick from. It’s been ranked as the next hottest application underneath the ‘News & Magazine’ category next-to Twitter. Other accomplishments include:
- Grand Winner of Google Global Android Excellence Program 20 17
- Most Entertaining of Best Apps by Google Play at 2016
- Editors’ Choice in 135 of Google Play’s countries
CastBox is backed by solid institutional funding of close to USD $30 million, led by renowned venture capital and private equity funds that include SIG China, IDG Capital, Qiming Venture Partners and GSR Ventures.
Here is a list of institutional funds that have invested in Contentbox:
There is an extensive list of private equity and venture capitalists that has invested in Contentbox. This level of institutional appetite and interest is a testament to the long-term viability of Contentbox and further reinforces the strength of the project.
Here is the roadmap for Contentbox:
Token Economics & Utility
Contentbox seems to only allocate 25% of the coin supply towards the ICO. However, it is important to understand that BOX will be an interim token and after their custom blockchain – Box Payout – is ready, the BOX blockchain produces their own native tokens through their PoNE consensus algorithm. The total supply of BOX will be fixed at 3 billion coins. 40% of the tokens will be allocated towards developing the ecosystem.
Unfortunately, there will not be a public token sale after all Contentbox has focused on a private token sale. However, those interested can wait for the coins to be listed on an exchange.
Contentbox will issue its native currency called BOX, which will initially be an ERC20 coin built on the Ethereum blockchain. Once BOX’s custom blockchain goes live – by relatively the 4th quarter of 2019 – each BOX token will transit to the custom chain token on a 1-for-1 basis. BOX will be the main currency that users and any other dApp will transact with within the Contentbox ecosystem. Holders of BOX would initially be able to utilize their coins in the following ways:
- Purchase premium membership
- Content Creators can promote their creative content
- Users can participate in contests within the app
The long-term view of BOX coins looks promising after all payments running on all apps developed under ContentBox will be settled in BOX tokens. This creates an organic demand for BOX coins with more dApps developed and a greater user base. Coupled with a fixed supply, the expected demand will be directly related to increasing amounts.
Strong Institutional Backing: Contentbox is backed by a long list of institutional funds, ranging from private equity funds to venture capitalists. A strong institutional appetite is a positive indicator of project viability and strength.
Traction Spillover from CastBox: CastBox will not only be the before all else dApp created on the Contentbox protocol, but it will power the entire ecosystem after all it will bring along a huge userbase along with it. The success of CastBox as a centralized application in the playstore is extrapolated to the general Contentbox ecosystem, especially after all they have made it clear that CastBox will transit to a decentralized version once BOX Payout is ready.
Highly Experienced & Strong Team: Considering that most team members are associated with CastBox, their experience and success comes in will add considerable value to Contentbox. The Contentbox team is also filled with technical specialists and academics on the blockchain and engineering spectrum.
Ease of Use: Contentbox will integrate a lightweight wallet called Boxwallet, allowing users to store and trade native BOX coins as well as Ether (ETH) on its current application. The integration of a wallet into CastBox’s current app is an important step to expose mainstream users to cryptocurrencies. A native wallet also contributes to the user experience, after all users need not download or produce another wallet to store their coins.
Detailed Blockchain Architectural Blueprint: It is clear from the white paper that Contentbox has invested a huge amount of resources in exploring the basis of their native blockchain called Box Payout. In order to enhance scalability and account for the unique facets of the digital content industry, Contentbox has decided to produce a custom blockchain-powered by Crypto Contracts and operating on a PoNE consensus mechanism.
No Public Token Sale: Contentbox has decided only to generate a private token sale due to overwhelming institutional demand. There will not be a public token sale, and interested investors must wait until BOX is listed on an exchange.
Absence of Go-To-Market Strategy: Contentbox’s whitepaper doesn’t comprise a goto store technique, that will be essential after all Contentbox is an ecosystem platform; the longterm accomplishment of Contentbox calls for a thorough anticipate bringing as many programmers and software to successfully develop and take part in its own platform. As a way to ease this, fantastic work and funds is necessary to ease partnerships and cooperation.
Contentbox is just one of those very few projects on the market that’s endorsed by a prosperous business version; nonetheless, it is of no real surprise that there’s strong systemic desire. Filled up with academic and technical experts, Contentbox comes with a real opportunity at disrupting the electronic media space by simply leveling the playing field and also boosting fair chances for stakeholders.
Beneficial Resources To Get You Started
If you’re starting your journey into the complex world of cryptocurrencies, here’s a list of useful resources and guides that will obtain you on your way:
- Crypto Guide 101: Choosing The Best Cryptocurrency Exchange
- Guide to Bittrex Exchange: How to Trade on Bittrex
- Guide to Binance Exchange: How to Open Binance Account and What You Should Know
- Guide to Etherdelta Exchange: How to Trade on Etherdelta
- Cryptocurrency Trading: Understanding Cryptocurrency Trading Pairs & How it Works